livescore

Newcastle move for Nico Gonzalez after Bruno Guimaraes exit

Published:
Newcastle United Daily News Roundup
Newcastle United Daily 20260819
Newcastle are working to replace Bruno Guimaraes before the Liverpool opener, holding exploratory talks with Manchester City over Nico Gonzalez after Guimaraes said he chose 'something new' at Arsenal. They have also made a reported €40m offer for Wilfried Singo.

Newcastle have enquired about Christopher Nkunku, with Milan valuing him at €35m. Reports call the Magpies favourites and 'closing in', but no formal bid has yet been lodged.open

Nick Pope faces an uncertain Newcastle future after summer goalkeeper arrivals. Celtic remain interested, but wages could block a deal despite Newcastle being open to a sale.open

Newcastle's KNOX deal signals a new sponsorship strategy, combining shirt, training ground and kit rights. It could bring £25m a year from 2027 amid SCR pressure.open

Newcastle have held exploratory talks with Manchester City over Nico Gonzalez as they race to replace Bruno Guimaraes before Sunday's Premier League opener against Liverpool.open

Newcastle are weighing up a second bid for Lucas Bergvall after a £46m offer was rejected. Tottenham could now reluctantly consider an improved offer as the deadline nears.open

Newcastle have approached Galatasaray with a reported €40m offer for Wilfried Singo. The Turkish club are in no rush to sell, but could be tempted at the right price.open

A poll by The Athletic found 65% of Newcastle fans feel optimistic about 2026/27. That is 4th lowest in the Premier League, but up sharply from 19% last year.open

Newcastle's €35m signing of Amar Dedic has raised eyebrows in Portugal, with Benfica praised for an 'incredible' deal. The Magpies are banking on Jaissle's knowledge.open

BBC Sport's Phil McNulty predicts Newcastle will finish 12th again, citing summer 'trauma', key departures and the need for more signings, especially in midfield.open

Newcastle have enquired about RB Leipzig midfielder Nicolas Seiwald, with Matthias Jaissle a big admirer of the Austria international.open

Bruno Guimaraes said he helped rebuild Newcastle before choosing 'something new' at Arsenal, insisting he gave everything at St James' Park before leaving.open

With Liverpool four days away, Newcastle's 24-man squad still looks short. Another midfielder is seen as essential, with exits and UEFA SCR limits shaping late business.open

Newcastle have been picked for three of the first six Monday night Premier League games, including away trips to Leeds and Coventry, raising fresh fixture concerns for fans.open

Newcastle's talks for Joao Palhinha face a Benfica hijack. The Portuguese club have offered a four-year deal and are pushing Bayern Munich for a permanent transfer.open

Joelinton is set to miss Newcastle's opening weeks with injury, complicating any Saudi move. Jaissle has still named him vice-captain behind Dan Burn.open

Ousmane Diabate has travelled to Tyneside for a medical ahead of joining Newcastle. The 18-year-old Genclerbirligi midfielder could return on loan after his rapid rise.open

Discover more from LiveScore
Never miss an update. Add LiveScore as a preferred source on Google for the latest news and match predictions.
add preferred sourceAdd
NewsFootballNewcastle United Daily News Roundup
Newcastle move for Nico Gonzalez after Bruno Guimaraes exit