Club of Celtic target Fares Ghedjemis delivers transfer message
Frosinone, the club of long term Celtic target Fares Ghedjemis have sent out a message stating that only a substantial bid will tempt them to sell their star player this summer…
The Algerian winger helped the Italian side reach the Italian top flight for the first time in their history, and his performances in Serie B caught the attention of several clubs throughout Europe.
Celtic were keen on the 23 year old back in January, but the Italians rebuffed the bid, but renewed their interest this summer, but weren’t the only interested club, with our Glasgow rivals the Rangers also credited with an interest in the player at one stage.
Now club president Maurizio Stripe, amid mounting Monaco interest, says club partners Clara Vista do not consider him a sellable asset. That means only a mammoth bid will be considered for their star.
Stripe stated in uncertain terms in a recent press conference that the player will only leave for a bid he and the club deem worthy.
“As I’ve always said, we don’t consider him for sale. If I had been left alone, it would have been an option worth considering. With the partnership with Clara Vista, a transfer is not envisaged.
“Then it’s clear that there is a market in which the player wants to, there are offers to be considered and there must be the possibility of replacing a player we consider very important.
“At the moment the offers are insufficient, despite the fact that every day someone increases by 50 thousand euros. They haven’t understood that if they don’t take a significant step, we’re still at the beginning, like in the game of snakes and ladders.
“The player looks at the clubs that are interested in him, there’s Monaco, Besiktas, there was Celtic and there were the Rangers. I understand the player’s mentality, they are all ambitious goals that can tempt him, but then there is also the will of the shareholder who says my intention is not to sell,” the club president said.
Stripe seems adamant he wants to keep hold of his star player, but cynics will suggest he’s becoming rather desperate to cash in on his star attraction at the maximum price possible as we get nearer to the transfer window closing and a last minute rush.
This delay with Monaco failing to get their man after moving into pole position could work out well for Celtic IF Champions League qualification is secured on Tuesday nigh in Linz. Then and only then can we expect Celtic to revisit the pursuit of Fares Ghedjemis who would be an outstanding addition to our squad going into the Champions League contests.