Celtic in 'advanced' talks as Derek McInnes confirms Rangers transfer pivot - SPFL transfers
Celtic are back in action tonight, on Wednesday night, when they face LASK in the Champions League qualifying playoffs first leg. The Bhoys have won all three games to start the new season, but LASK should offer their biggest test yet having won the Austrian Bundesliga last season.
The Bhoys have now ramped up their recruitment efforts after a painfull slow start to the summer window, and their rivals around the Scottish Premiership have continued adding to their squads. Here we round up the latest from around the top flight with just two weeks remaining in the Scottish transfer window.
Celtic advance in Toth talks
Celtic are said to be advancing with their talks to sign Blackburn Rovers goalkeeper Balazs Toth. The Hungarian stopper is set to arrive to provide competition for current number one Viljami Sinisalo, and the deal could be worth £4million. That's despite Toth being a starter at Blackburn, but he is currently in the last year of his deal at Ewood Park.
Nemzeti Sport have reported: "It is true that the German Hamburg and the Italian Udinese have also observed Balazs Toth, but according to our information from Scotland, Celtic are in advanced negotiations about signing him.”
McInnes on striker recruitment
Rangers boss Derek McInnes has been speaking on Rangers' search for a new striker after Youssef Chermiti's injury. He said: "It is not really my department, but we are all working closely together to bring in the best option — and not just any option. We are trying to be specific about what we need. No.9s are normally difficult to sign. It was not an area we were initially looking to address, but Youssef’s injury has changed that.
"Every day, the staff are actively trying to source good options and see whether we can bring one in. There has been plenty of work done, and we are poring over different strikers. Hopefully, we can land on the one we want and get him here quickly."
Motherwell add frontman
Motherwell have confirmed the signing of Gillingham forward Seb Palmer-Houlden on a two-year deal, with the club retaining the option of a further year.
The 22-year-old has only been with Gillingham for a year, but he was a regular there last season and contributed four goals. He came through Bristol City's academy initially and has previously spent time in Scotland via a loan spell with Dundee.