Undisputed showdown OFF as Fury and Usyk fail to agree terms
Tyson Fury's proposed showdown with Oleksandr Usyk on April 29 has fallen through.
Wembley Stadium had been earmarked for the WBC world heayweight champ to collide with IBF, WBA Super and WBO kingpin Usyk.
But after lengthy negotiations, the duo failed to agree terms and Usyk's camp have confirmed the bout is off.
According to boxing reporter Steve Kim, the Ukrainian's manager Egis Klimas said: "No matter how much Usyk compromised, he was pushed for more."
And his promoter Alex Krassyuk told talkSPORT: "The fight is called off. The reason for that is it went too far.
"There was a feeling that after Usyk accepted 70-30, Fury started thinking he could put a saddle around his neck and start riding Usyk as much as he can.
"It's not right. I mean, Usyk accepted the 70-30 split as a courtesy. He was so loyal and he was so willing to make this fight happen.
"But the fight isn't about Fury, the fight is about the WBC belt that is pending in his collection."
Usyk, 36, is now expected to press ahead with a mandatory defence against Daniel Dubois, who holds the 'regular' version of the WBA title.
The former undisputed cruiserweight champion took to Twitter last week to suggest the ball was firmly in Team Fury's court.
He said: "The points for agreement were sent to Fury's side. The deadline is set. The clock is ticking.
"The ball is on #Greedybelly's side now. We did everything in our power to make it happen @Tyson_Fury."