Transfer Talk: Real blow as Mbappe Kyls claims PSG exit is set in stone
Kylian Mbappe has not ruled out staying at Paris Saint-Germain despite being strongly linked with a move to Real Madrid.
Los Blancos failed with a mega-money swoop in the summer but looked set to land their man when his PSG contract expires next summer.
The 22-year-old reportedly had a desire to be the talisman for his club, which was put into question when the Parisians signed Lionel Messi.
That made a move to Madrid seem most likely, with Mbappe appearing to have his heart set on the Spanish capital and Bernabeu chiefs reportedly already preparing the red carpet.
But speaking recently about his failed switch, Mbappe revealed he could yet remain at the Parc des Princes.
He told Amazon Prime: "I don't know. Today I have to take the time. It is not easy. Either way, I'll be playing for a big club.
"At first I was disappointed [not to leave]. But well, I am not in the third division, I am in a club that wants to win the Champions League.
"I am Parisian, I have my family, I feel good, I have always said it. I just wanted to discover something else."
PSG will have to act quickly if they are to extend Mbappe's stay, with the forward free to discuss a pre-contract agreement with other clubs from January 1.
In other news
Liverpool are reportedly planning a summer move for Napoli midfielder Fabian Ruiz.
Fichajes claim that Liverpool boss Jurgen Klopp thinks the Spain international can become a star at the club after enjoying a strong campaign so far in Serie A.
It is claimed that Real, Barcelona and Manchester United are also interested in the 25-year-old.
Spanish outlet Sport say Barca will give Ousmane Dembele until December 31 to tell them whether he is staying at the club.
The France winger is out of contract in the summer and Camp Nou chiefs are determined to tie him down to avoid losing him for free.
But Barca are preparing for the departure of the 24-year-old, who has been linked with Tottenham and Newcastle recently.
Southampton are set for a surprise move for 40-year-old goalkeeper Willy Caballero, according to the Athletic.
The Argentine left Chelsea at the end of last season but has not announced his retirement and could be set for a Premier League return amid the Saints’ goalkeeping crisis.
First and second choices Alex McCarthy and Fraser Forster are both currently out injured, leaving Harry Lewis as their only recognised keeper ahead of their trip to Arsenal next weekend.