livescore logo

Sub Berry nets late equaliser as Luton fight back to hold Millwall
Copy icon

Luke Berry earned a point for Luton (Nick Potts/PA)
Luke Berry earned a point for Luton (Nick Potts/PA)

Luton substitute Luke Berry scored a late equaliser as the Hatters hit back from 2-0 down to claim a point with a 2-2 draw against Millwall at Kenilworth Road.

The Lions had looked on course to take a big step forward in the battle for a top-six spot after doubling their advantage early in the second half, but they had not reckoned on a fightback that saw Elijah Adebayo and Berry find the net to rescue a point.

The visitors were handed the best start when in the fourth minute a clearance by keeper George Long was nodded down to the feet of Zian Flemming.

He took aim from the edge of the box, home keeper Ethan Horvath somehow letting the ball squirm through his grasp and over the line.

Adebayo headed Alfie Doughty’s corner over as Luton looked to respond, with Jordan Clark sending a shot off-target in the 20th minute.

The midfielder then tried to beat Long at his near post, the shot-stopper getting fingertips on the ball to turn it around the post.

As the half wore on, Luton looked the more likely to score. Midfielder Clark appeared to be clipped in the area but referee Geoff Eltringham, despite being well positioned, waved the appeals away.

After the break, the Hatters were inches away from levelling as Doughty’s corner crashed against the bar with Long beaten, Millwall’s defence ensuring there was no way through from the rebound.

The Lions then got a controversial second in the 52nd minute, when an offside-looking George Honeyman on the right wing sent in a low cross that Tom Bradshaw tapped home to make it 2-0.

Luton did finally give themselves a chance in the 58th minute, though.

Amari’i Bell’s ball into the box was met at the back post by Cody Drameh, his effort was brilliantly tipped on to the bar by Long and Adebayo was alive to the loose ball to flick over the line and pull one back.

Flemming curled waywardly over, before sending an ambitious free-kick from 30 yards into orbit, as Luton substitute Cauley Woodrow was on target from range, Long saving easily.

If anything, Millwall looked more likely to add a third, Oliver Burke diverting a header goalwards that Horvath could gather.

However, with three minutes left, Clark fed Berry and he swivelled just outside the box before finding the bottom corner.

Town might have won it too, Carlton Morris meeting Doughty’s stoppage-time free-kick only to head it over.


ChampionshipLuton TownMillwall
LiveScore logo

LiveScore: Live Sport Updates

Footbal Scores & Sports News